Sunday, August 28, 2011

Happy Birthday

We were so blessed to be able to spend his birthday this year with family. Daddy has been deployed both birthdays, but has been able to skype each birthday with him, so we thank God for that as well. Gunnar felt so special for three days! On Friday we took him to the fair and let him ride rides, pet the animals, play games, ride on the tractors and get a milk shake. We came home and he got a cupcake with two candles and sang to him; he loved getting sung to so much that he asked us to do it 5 more times! Finally, I recorded it and just let him play it over and over. He kept telling us it was Gunnar's special day because it was his birthday. :0)

I am so thankful that I have such great friends that I have grown up with that were willing to brave the hurricane and come over for a small birthday party for him on Saturday. He felt so special and kept telling everyone that it was his birthday party. He asked multiple times for RoRo, Aunti Lisa, Ellie and PJ and I had to explain that they were still at home and couldnt make it to this years birthday party. He then told me he wanted to go home and see them. :0( Broke my heart.



Gunnar letting Gabby (Dabby) help him open his presents!




Gunnar and Mommy reading a book.



Gunnar going for a ride in his truck from Ms. Maureen and Mr. Ed.




Gunnar blowing out his candles!





Trying to get him to smile with me for a picture. He was WAY to interested in his truck.










Eating his 'dirty cake'.




It warmed my heart to know how excited he was during the whole weekend. On Sunday Uncle Neal came over and help set up the train set that Daddy got for Gunnar. We sang to him and let him blow out more candles today. He loved having a weekend for his birthday, I suppose I shouldn't start weekend long birthdays, but if it makes him happy then I am okay with it.


1 comment:

  1. Happy to see Gunnar had a wonderful birthday!! Sad we couldn't celebrate with him. Lucas has had the same cake now for the past 2 years and can't get enough of the 'sheens on it! Can't wait to get them together!!

    ReplyDelete