When we went to San Francisco we went to see Alcatraz. It was very interesting and fun. I love learning the history behind events; and actually getting to go there and see everything was surreal- it's like that person actually lived here, or this REALLY was a prison. It's almost hard to believe that it was a fully functioning Army post and then a Military Prison and then a Federal Prison... so much history! It was fun.
Gunnar on the way to Alcatraz.


We saw howitzers!!!!!! So fun to see how much they have changed since the 1800's. Here is a preview of how military equipment has changed over the years. But this is for you Daddy! xoxo

The O'Club. WOW... when I saw this condemned building, there were no walls, no two stories, nothing, it was crazy to know that they had Officers' Clubs back then too. Wonderful reading the board about all of the things that they did there.


Gunnar checking things out in the 'in-processing' room. I don't think he liked what he saw- I kept telling him don't break the rules or you end up in prison.





No comments:
Post a Comment